Theobroma - Food of the Gods

Tidbits of life from a simple Syrian-Californian girl.

14 January 2011

Preservatives

I know this is an absurd claim to make but I thought of it and wanted to share.

So I have noticed that Galician people live a long time. There are so many strong, alive and kicking, elderly people here. Awesome. I then came to the outlandish conclusion that it is because they consume foods and drinks that are made to last. And that makes them last. For example, wine, cheese, chorizo, marmalade, liquor, etc.

That's all.

I could probably develop the idea further and do a bunch of research on the chemical reactions and derivatives of the fermentation and curing processes, and maybe I will, but for now I just wanted to get one of my numerous ideas out of my head. I feel better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment