Theobroma - Food of the Gods

Tidbits of life from a simple Syrian-Californian girl.

01 February 2011

Babies

So I am in class right now, is it awful that I am blogging in class? My kids are doing pairwork. They had to draw a picture of their bedroom and then dictate to their partner to draw their room based on tehir description. They are 12 years old and believe that I don´t speak Spanish. I understand but play dumb, making them explain everything to me in their broken English. I think it does wonders for their language skills. They are hysterical. The boys are always kicking the chairs of the girls and the girls are trying really hard to pay attention to me, impress me and staring at my outfit. They always have something to say to one another about my hair, jewelry, shoes etc. Some kids are so desperately attention hungry. Is that a sign of something? Is it human nature or do they not receive enough attention at home? Do some people naturally need and thrive off of more attention than others? It´s really fascinating. This age in these people´s lives is extremely crucial. I hope I can be a positive force in their lives.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment