Theobroma - Food of the Gods

Tidbits of life from a simple Syrian-Californian girl.

14 February 2011

Happy Valentimes Day

No, that's not a typo. That's what I called Valentine's Day when I was little because it made sense, the time of Valen. Valen meaning lots of love and chocolate. Works for me. I only wish this time was longer than one day.

With my students in class last week we made Valentines. It's not as popular of a holiday here as in the US so, as I'm an Ambassador of North American Culture, I decided it would be a fun activity. The students loved it, it was something new and different, and North American. I told the students they could make them for their friends, boyfriends/girlfriends, family, teachers, etc. Most of them made them for me, which was awesome! Here's a picture of all the Valentines, I posted on the wall above my bed.







One of my students asked me if he could write "I love me" on his Valentine. I said "OF COURSE!" What an awesome guy. I asked him if he liked Valentine's Day and he said "no, it's boring."

"Boring?" I asked, "Why?"

"Because I am bad with the women."

1 comment: