Theobroma - Food of the Gods

Tidbits of life from a simple Syrian-Californian girl.

23 March 2011

These are the days

On my walk to school today, I caught myself thinking "those were the days," about my days at University. I always swore to myself that I wouldn´t say that. It always upset me when I caught grown-ups saying "those were the days...(sigh)...when I was thin/happy/in shape/when I went out/when I was beautiful etc. It always annoyed me. I decided from a young age that I wouldn´t be one of those people. Every age is different and every stage of your life can be fabulous, if you let it. I´m optimistic but I´m also realistic and I understand that yes, we go through rough patches and hard times, but that´s natural and I believe that how you react to hardships and struggles is what defines you as a person.

I told myself, in the future I will probably look back nostalgicly and say "those were the days" about now, my life at 22 in Ourense, Spain. I came to the conclusion to adopt the philosophy of these are the days, yes, these are the best days of my life because the past is gone, the future is uncertain, and all we have is the present.

1 comment:

  1. And you are in the best country that you could were, please enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete