Theobroma - Food of the Gods

Tidbits of life from a simple Syrian-Californian girl.

10 March 2012

How I Deal

Today is one of those bar-and-a-half-of-chocolate days. I love those days! Sometimes it's just so right...

So anyways, I'm in my office, studying. I have an exam coming up and I find that I actually enjoy doing the homework. Oops? No, I'm not ashamed. Well, I guess I enjoy checking my answer and seeing that I did it correctly. Is that self-absorbed? Please don't answer that.

I have decorated my corner of our office with a huge, beautiful, vibrantly colored painting, the adjacent wall has 2 smaller paintings, one is a tiny canvas that my brother brought me back from Puerto Rico (maybe?), and the other is a watercolor my aunt painted for me on our trip to Hawai'i a couple of years back. That was a fun trip! She painted and I read. My definition of read is contextual. In this context, read means nap on the beach with a book open on my chest (causing a rectangular tan line!) while my aunt paints. There are other definitions of read, sometimes the book serves as a rather stiff pillow for my head (that's when I am napping on my stomach, rather than my back). There's read, where I'm sitting in a chair, feet up, the book sits in my lap and my head is flung back, mouth open and I am snoring, in the sun. There is a common theme we see here, the sun and my sleeping. Shoot. There's read on the couch, under a blanket with a cup of tea, and actually have my eyes on the page and I am taking in what is wonderfully written. Yes, I mean to say wonderfully written, because I don't waste my time reading things I don't like. And I suggest you don't either. That's like eating food you don't like, who does that?

Where was I?

There's read in bed and read in the car, there's read on the bus (one of my favorites!), and read in a hammock, read in front of the fireplace, read on the grass, read in a tree, read in a library, read in a cafe....

Just wanted to share my thoughts, back to studying....much love, hope you're reading a good book! If you need a suggestion, I have plenty!

No comments:

Post a Comment