Theobroma - Food of the Gods

Tidbits of life from a simple Syrian-Californian girl.

20 April 2012

Mobile Documentation of Flowers, Bethesda, MD



I woke up this morning on the East Coast, I'm visiting my brother, and I decided to go for a walk.  The last time I was here, it was January and the scenery has changed quite a bit.  Being from the central coast in California, I'm not really used to season changes and I have been astounded by the differences in the trees, the flowers, the animals, not to mention, the weather!

I decided to take the same walk I would take in January, along this one residential road that spits out on both ends to freeway entrances.  The walk seemed much shorter this time, maybe that's because last time it was 35 degrees out?

I was stopped, periodically, by all of the different flowers in bloom.  I've never been one to really marvel at flowers but all of these flowers were so beautiful! The colors were so vibrant and to see them now, after being here in the winter.  I now understand why poets and writers refer to it as "the dead of winter."


I don't know if you can really tell, but this little bushel of white flowers had more fallen flowers around the bush, in the dirt, than on the actual bush.  I thought this was so beautiful.  The flowers were so soft and delicate and it made me think of a lover weeping and using these beautiful flowers to wipe his/her tears and/or blow his/her nose.  I see myself here, because I'm a big advocate of crying and a huge avid participant of the practice, except, in my case, rather than use delicate, beautiful flowers, I have kleenex, but bear with me :)

I had only taken my cell phone with me, I usually don't even do that but unlike usual, I'm traveling with other people (my parents) and we have plans and an itinerary to follow! But the good thing about having my cell phone is that I was able to take photos to share with all of you!
Pretty Purple Flowers

 
Rose 
Beauty
Is there some sort of natural or symbiotic connection between yellow and purple flowers? I always see them growing  together and for years I thought it was the taste of the gardener, wow, must have good taste, but then it occurred so many times in nature that I am convinced that this must be an act of a bigger, more tasteful gardener...


 

No comments:

Post a Comment