Theobroma - Food of the Gods

Tidbits of life from a simple Syrian-Californian girl.

01 November 2012

Rainy Day

I am a self-admitted sun bunny, desert rat, you name it...I'm sure there are a thousand ways to describe us sun addicts but I must admit, the rain is charming.  This morning when I left the house it was pitch black and  unusually warm.   You could tell the barometric pressure was low.  Some people say you can smell when it's going to rain, but maybe it is just feeling the pressure change in your nose or in your head, I don't know.  I went to exercise at the gym and when I came out, it was raining.  It was awesome.  I feel like the world slows down when it rains, maybe people drive slower or maybe it causes us to see things from a different perspective but it was really beautiful to watch the world go by.  I did my normal commute (about 7 minutes, including parking time) and was quite taken back by how different everything appeared all wet and grey.  Rainy days are great for fireplaces and books, hot chocolate and blankets and quiet classical music humming from a muffled record player.  Hopefully by the time I get home in the evening it will still be raining and I can cuddle up under a blanket with a good book and eventually fall asleep to the pitter-patter of the rain on the roof...

No comments:

Post a Comment