Theobroma - Food of the Gods

Tidbits of life from a simple Syrian-Californian girl.

15 November 2012

You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar

I heard this saying the other day "You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."  I really like it.  You get more out of life if you're sweet than if you're bitter.  You may have heard people saying to "kill other people with kindness," which is a similar idea.

You know if things aren't going your way or you're in a sticky situation you could either yell and scream and have a bad attitude, or be nice and sweet about it and people are more inclined to be patient with you and listen to you because they don't feel like they're getting attacked and you have the potential (a much greater chance, actually) at getting what it is you want.

I really like this because it is true and a beautiful philosophy to live by.  I recognize that it is not easy, in fact I think that if you are human you find this task challenging at times.  However, I think it is rewarding if you do try it.  I guess you would catch more flies that way :).  

No comments:

Post a Comment